hello Guest
we are deathless
register in regular caps
welcome to we are deathless. we are located in fictional volstead, maine just off the upper northeastern corner of great lake matagamon. we are a supernatural site that focuses more on witches and the russian folklore we've adapted for our plot. if you feel like joining, please have a look around! - admin -

emily
plot
rules
face claim
application
wanted ads
affiliate
advertising
witches: 12
familiars: 07
humans: 05
ghosts: 01
male: 12
female: 12
nb & trans: 01
our app is credited to lauren @ shine. the cbox toggle, site templates, and code highlight are credited to nicole @shine. the affies table credited to shimmer @ shine. the colour palette for the member groups is credited to nekosama @color-hex. the skin was made exclusively by nat for WAD. all other content belongs to its rightful owner. do not steal.

Add Reply
New Poll

And the trees they seem so deadly, oct 28 - tag: Mackenzie/MJ
- Aden -
25 years old
White-Tailed Doe
- 35 posts -
Oct 17 2017, 08:01 PM

user posted image

Girl, I know the woods look dark

It wasn't quite Halloween yet, so Esme was not in full costume when she went to check out the hedge maze. She was however nicely bundled up in a bright blue jacket and a bright yellow wool knit hat on her head. It made her wonder if there were many sheep familiars, surely they must exist. Forrest had been stuck taking a group of middle school kids through, and that left Esme by herself.

Or waiting for the next person to come though, which she found in the form of the Reid twin. Esme nearly pounced on her. "
Come through with me? I don't want to do it alone, I'll get lost. I know Western hedges way better than North Eastern.
" She was clearly desperate and obviously relieved to have found someone to join her in this exploration. Two young women of moderate height should hopefully be able to figure this out, right?

Mackenzie Reid
N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 37 posts -
Oct 22 2017, 09:06 PM
Who could resist a good hedge maze? Certainly not Mackenzie,and because she wanted to visit the hedge maze and had no one to go with, Fletcher was also visiting the hedge maze. Originally the plan had been for them to tackle the maze together but good natured ribbing had turned the whole thing into a competition.

Mackenzie wanted to take the tried and true left hand approach. Place your left hand on the wall, never lose contact, and eventually you would find your way out of the maze. Fletcher was more of a trial and error approach, confident he'd eventually be able to find his way out. They'd split near the beginning of the maze, swearing to start their phone timers once they entered the hedges and only stop it once they'd reached the end.

This found Mackenzie standing just infant of the maze entrance, phone in hand ready to start her timer. Her finger was hovering over the button and she found herself started into pressing it when another person practically jumped her.

"Holy crap!" Mackenzie exclaimed, slightly breathless from the sudden surprise. She calmed down pretty quickly when she recognised the person she had been accosted by was just Esme. She didn't know what Western and Northern hedges was about but Mackenzie was confident she wouldn't be getting lost so why not have some company along the way. Especially if it meant Esme could enjoy herself without worrying the whole time.

"Yeah, sure. Okay. Let me just..." She quickly stopped the timer from running and reset it. "I have a bet with Fletch," she explained and stepped up to the very start of the maze again. Her left hand reached out to settle gently on the wall of leaves, her right holding the phone and ready to start the timer once more. "Whenever you're ready."

N/A
- Aden -
25 years old
White-Tailed Doe
- 35 posts -
Oct 30 2017, 08:50 PM

And with that, a portion of her concern was relieved. There was just something significantly anxiety inducing for her about the concept of wandering through a maze alone. It was likely for the best that she wasn't asked the difference between Western and North Eastern shrubbery, as the answer is generally just taste. How that could be interpreted was up to the listener, of course. The whole idea though tended to get Esme wandering what the foliage down south tasted like.

She grinned and nodded at Mackenzie's acceptance of her company. "
Thank you! Forrest left me behind, he had to take through some kids and kids are... Middle school boys are so awful. He was sooo obnoxious back then, I don't want to deal with a whole group of that.
"

The way she had her phone out seemed. Odd. Esme watched what she was doing with it, was that a timer? "
Are you timing this?
" Well, that's terribly odd. "
Are you going to get a price for being quick?
" Mustn't hold her up too much then if that was the case. Esme moved quickly to her side, trying to pay attention to both them and the path ahead.

N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 37 posts -
Nov 2 2017, 04:50 PM
Mackenzie nodded and turned the phone lightly for Esme to see the screen better. "The only way for Fletch and I to tell who has the better maze strategy is to time how long it takes us to make it out," she explained as they began to walk. Mackenzie's hand continued to trail along the left hedge of the maze as the turned a corner. "That and hope the other one doesn't cheat, but Fletcher's too honest to cheat and I'm too confident that I'm going to win this."

"There's no prize," she added, "unless you count bragging rights." They turned another corner and came to a dead end. Mackenzie just kept her hand to the hedge wall and turned to head back in the direction they came.

"Anyway, the whole point of this is you keep one hand on the wall of the maze and eventually it should lead you out without you having to guess your way through." They turned back around the corner they had just came around. "It works pretty well-- oh." Mackenzie paused. Where there should have been the path they walked down moments before was only a solid hedge wall. She groaned. "There was definitely a path here before, wasn't there?"

N/A
- Aden -
25 years old
White-Tailed Doe
- 35 posts -
Nov 14 2017, 03:04 PM

"
That's silly... No offense, it's cute, too. I kinda wish I had a brother like that. Forest isn't my brother, but he's also not really fun. At least I don't think so. Maybe by someone else's definition?
" Esme shrugged and did her best to keep pace with the red head. She watched Mackenzie keep her hand on the shrubbery even through the dead end, it really was a bit silly, but interesting. Now she really wanted to know if this would actually work.

She stopped short when the other girl also stopped. Wait, that wasn't what it was like before. "
Magic? I bet it's magic. Or we're lost, but that's really fast to get lost, don't you think?
" Esme stepped forward and touched the hedge in their way. Yep, solid enough, just like the rest of it. Tricky, she hadn't really studied magic or the witches around here, but this was pretty good she figured. Something in the air felt magic-y.

"
Definitely was, you're right. I'm not really sure your left hand method thing is going to work with this, but we can try still?
" Her own mittened fingers touched the wall that Mackenzie had kept her left hand on and followed the line of the hedge back around. "
I'm not educated on magic really, but I doubt they'll trap up in here. Maybe we go back and see if the other one is still there?
" Esme wandered back on, keep an eye out that she was indeed being followed. The last dead end was now a four-way crossroads. She nodded knowingly. Oh yeah, probably magic.

N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 37 posts -
Dec 30 2017, 06:09 AM
"Damn it," Mackenzie said, glaring at the hedge in front of her like it had caused personal offence. "Well, there goes that bet," she mumbled, more to herself than anything. Figures their weird town would make the most of it's weirdness around Halloween. She felt like she needed to add a new checkbox to her mental list when planning on doing anything within the town limits. 'Could magic alter expected outcomes?'. Check.

"We definitely didn't get lost that fast," Mackenzie agreed. "This is going to completely screw up that bet Fletch and I had." She glanced down at her phone and the stopwatch still running on the screen as Esme kept her upbeat attitude about the whole situation. "Left hand method is quite probably out. It only works on non-rearranging mazes as far as I know but hell, let's give it a shot." Maybe Esme's attitude was contagious. Mackenzie replaced her hand on the hedge, following after Esme as their hands led them out of the new dead end and back towards their original dead end... Which was no longer a dead end. Of course.

"I'd like to think the maze wasn't designed to trap people, just make things harder. But, hey, I'm up for the challenge if you are." They continued on, following their hands and taking the left path of the cross roads.

"So," Mackenzie said, after a few moments of quiet walking. "How's everything going with you? Anything exciting happen recently?"

N/A
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll