hello Guest
we are deathless
register in regular caps
welcome to we are deathless. we are located in fictional volstead, maine just off the upper northeastern corner of great lake matagamon. we are a supernatural site that focuses more on witches and the russian folklore we've adapted for our plot. if you feel like joining, please have a look around! - admin -

emily
plot
rules
face claim
application
wanted ads
affiliate
advertising
witches: 12
familiars: 07
humans: 05
ghosts: 01
male: 12
female: 12
nb & trans: 01
our app is credited to lauren @ shine. the cbox toggle, site templates, and code highlight are credited to nicole @shine. the affies table credited to shimmer @ shine. the colour palette for the member groups is credited to nekosama @color-hex. the skin was made exclusively by nat for WAD. all other content belongs to its rightful owner. do not steal.

Add Reply
New Poll

Staff Introductions
- Emily -
29 years old
Admin
- 83 posts -
Jul 31 2017, 06:42 PM

introducing: emily

resident lore admin | creator/owner

About me

Hello my lovelies. I'm actually pretty terrible at introductions, but I thought that I would put one up so that you can better get to know who your staff is. I'll trick convince Katlynn with cookies to put one up as well!

Anyway, I am 29 years old and I promise you that this is not my first rodeo. While I have only been RPing for 8 years now, I have been apart of- and managing fan forums and the like for around 10 years. I started on Twilight and Maximum Ride forums and went from there. The first RP site I staffed, I ended up doing all by myself for a few months when the rest of staff bailed on me -- and the site, at the time, had around 50-75 members more characters than I care to count. It was busy. Needless to say, I am perfectly capable and comfortable adminning with a relatively small staff!

I mostly prefer to RP in the Supernatural and RL genres. High schools, boarding schools, and college/university for the RL genre are my thing. I love city roleplays, but find that they tend to bore me after a time.

Deathless came about due to some nostalgia for a couple of sites I've run in the past and this is a cumulation of some of the lore and ideas for those sites all twisted and morphed into what you'll find around here. When it comes to the lore, I personally have written around 99% of it and I will readily admit that I have probably left a lot to the imagination -- but that's okay because I am excited to answer all of your questions as well as listen to any suggestions you may have!

When it comes to my staffing style, I take a 20/80 approach to it. What does that mean? It means that 20% of my time is spent being "the person in charge" and the other 80% is me being "just a member-slash-friend". I do not like having to put my "admin cap" on unless necessary, but when I do, I ask for and expect respect.

Scheduling Things

I currently reside in the Pacific Time Zone. This means I am GMT -8. I usually do not get online until at least 12 PM my time. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. If you need me and I am not around, please, please DM my Discord and I'll get you a response as soon as I see it. I am a night owl and I like to sleep late!

Currently on Fridays, I am mobile until roughly 4 PM in my time zone. This means that I'm only reachable in the cbox or on Discord and if those fail to catch my attention, please get ahold of Katlynn or Dane Briar [Nat] and they can contact me and let me know that you need me!

Writing Style

When it comes to writing, my preferred length sits comfortably around 200-400 words depending on muses, my environment, and how I'm feeling at the time. I can definitely go lower or higher depending on those same factors. If I ever do give you a long reply, please know that I never ask for anyone to post-match with me. I much prefer people to write what feels the most comfortable to them and post it up. My only stipulation for longer replies given to me is if you give me a lot of exposition/inner monologue, I must have something solid that I can respond to.

I will note right now that I do not post match. If I have to fill my replies with useless chatter, it actually makes me feel really unmotivated to post a reply and in my opinion, that is unfair to my partners. I would much rather give you a well thought out, succinct reply than to fill it with useless fluff.

Although I do like to write in present tense at times, for my replies, I keep them to third-person, past tense. I don't mind what you reply to em with as long as it's in third person POV!

Hobbies & Interests

I like a little bit of everything, really. I'm very much an introvert, so most of my hobbies are the same as they've been since I was a pre/teen.
  • Reading [YA Genre mostly]
  • Writing -- I was a writer before an RPer
  • Singing -- I'm not the greatest, but I love to do it
  • Dancing -- this was my major in college!
  • Obsessing over giraffes -- AKA to best animal ever
  • Bingewatching too many shows that give me feels

I'm a pretty simple person, to be honest. But I do like movies and TV and books and the like and if I don't know about it, if it sounds interesting, I will ask for more information. For my sanity, please, please, please DO NOT POST GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS! I'm most likely not going to watch it until the entire season is over so that I can sob over it all, bitch at the screen, and throw tantrums all in one small frame of time!

I'm also a hardcore Chris Wood/ fan, and other than his stint on Carrie Diaries and singular roles, I have watched everything he has been in. And I'm still pissed that Containment never got a season two >>. I even started watching Supergirl just to see him in the role of Mon-El. SPOILER ALERT: If SG doesn't bring him back in season three, I will go full cray-cray. Because while Jake from Containment is my favourite role of his [after Kai from TVD], Mon-El is a precious cupcake and I adore him and Kara together. Yes, I am Karamel trash. Hate me all you want.

Closing Statements

I would just like to say that I have a very 'open-door' policy when it comes to my members. I am here and willing to discuss any and all problems or issues that you may have -- even real life things.

As far as board things go, my PM box and my Discord are always open to discuss any issues you might have. Basically, I am very welcome and open to talking to you, so please never be afraid! I swear that I don't bite!

-- Emily ♥

--------------------
and so there is magic;
N/A
- Katlynn -
years old
- 4 posts -
Aug 3 2017, 04:13 AM

introducing: katylynn

helper admin | support staffr

About me

I will warn you now that I have a tendency to get a little babbly, so buckle in buttercup? First of all, I am a helper staff more than anything else. My goal is to help keep things running smoothly and take care of a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff, so that Emily can focus on answering lore questions.

I'm 31 years old, and I've been RPing in text form for riiiiiiiight around ten years now (I can never remember if I started in 2007 or 2008), but before that, I was big into fanfiction and also I'm pretty sure I did LARPing before LARPing was a thing (ask me sometime about the time that, at age nine or ten, I decided that we needed to reenact the Salem Witch Trials in my backyard, which meant hanging me, not setting me on fire, if you want a funny story).

I RP in pretty much any genre, though I prefer being able to play teenagers for some reason (though even in those settings I still play a lot of adults), despite the fact that I haven't been a teenager in eleven years and I didn't particularly like teenagers when I was one, but whatever? I like what I like to RP? //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif I like things with magic the most, because I like figuring out how magic affects the world, and I think it leaves things open nicely for all kinds of fun.

My goal as a staff member, whenever I'm on Staff, is to be a member first and foremost, and to take care of my responsibilities whenever they come up. I listen to people if they have concerns and complaints and I do my best to fix those things. More than anything else, my job is to keep things going smoothly, not to dictate things. One of my main things, though, is respect, and if someone disrespects me or other members of a site, I'm going to do something about it - though I will never make a decision without Emily, in regards to a person!

Scheduling Things

I'm in the GMT timezone, so I'm eight hours ahead of Emily. This week notwithstanding, I'm usually around a lot because I'm a freaking vampire that doesn't sleep and also I have no life. If I'm not around, just wait a couple hours and I probably will be. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif If you need to talk to me about something and I'm not here, you are more than welcome to go ahead and send it here or over Discord, and I'll reply to it as soon as I'm back.

Writing Style

I write in third person past, but it's not a perfect past tense. It can easily look like I'm mixing up my tenses, but I promise I'm not, and if you have questions about it, feel free to ask me! As far as what I expect from an RP partner, basically please just give me something to work with that I can respond to. If the entire post is inside your character's head, with nothing really happening outwardly, there's not a lot I can do.

My main goal in a post is to have at least one thing of dialogue and one physical movement that someone can reply to, though I obviously try to give more than that if possible. I'm sharing this because I think that it can be helpful if people aren't sure what constitutes "giving someone something to reply to". By doing this breakdown, there are at least two things for someone to reply to, in the form of the dialogue and the physical thing.

I write at least 100 words for a post, because that's my personal minimum, but I can do longer posts. My average tends to be 150-300, but this does not at all mean that I don't do longer posts ever. My stance is basically to let the post be as long as it needs to be, and I've done a damn good post of a single word, and I've done a damn good post of almost 30k words (waaaaaaaaay back when I was a brand new RPer and was still coming at it from a novelist standpoint I would never do that again), not to toot my own horn.

Don't worry about matching me - in fact, I'd prefer you didn't and just let the post be what it needs to be and not try to pad it to match me.

Hobbies & Interests

Oh, golly, a lot of things, honestly? I collect random words from languages, so while I can't speak any other than English in terms of "being able to say a sentence", I can understand quite a bit. I usedto actually be fluent in German, Spanish, and ASL, but disuse has made everything fuzzy for me, sigh, and I've lost them. Italian and Mandarin are probably my strongest languages right now, because I lived in Italy for about three or four months and our area didn't have a lot of English speakers and my Spouse Type Creature's coworkers are mostly Italian so I still hear the language quite a bit. Mandarin is because my brother lives in China and speaks Mandarin to anyone that isn't myself when I'm on Skype chats with him, in addition to the fact that I spent about three months in China yeaaaaaaaaars ago and still remember bits and pieces of the Mandarin from that.

I've been reading and writing for as long as I can remember, singing for almost as long, I did competitive dance for ten years, competitive gymnastics for five, ice skating for a couple years, acting for basically forever, and I grew up doing a couple of martial arts (judo, jujitsu, and aikido mostly, but also Kenpo Karate) and competing in them, and yeah, super fun! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

So, basically, I have a lot of hobbies and interests. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Closing Statements

I am always here to talk to, even if I'm not literally here. If you need someone to vent to, I will listen. If you need to be cheered up, I have a bunch of baby animal gifs bookmarked.

But most importantly, to anyone: You is good, you is kind, you is important. And you matter.

-- Katlynn ♥

N/A
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll