hello Guest
we are deathless
register in regular caps
welcome to we are deathless. we are located in fictional volstead, maine just off the upper northeastern corner of great lake matagamon. we are a supernatural site that focuses more on witches and the russian folklore we've adapted for our plot. if you feel like joining, please have a look around! - admin -

emily
plot
rules
face claim
application
wanted ads
affiliate
advertising
witches: 12
familiars: 07
humans: 05
ghosts: 01
male: 12
female: 12
nb & trans: 01
our app is credited to lauren @ shine. the cbox toggle, site templates, and code highlight are credited to nicole @shine. the affies table credited to shimmer @ shine. the colour palette for the member groups is credited to nekosama @color-hex. the skin was made exclusively by nat for WAD. all other content belongs to its rightful owner. do not steal.

Add Reply
New Poll

Stone Flowers and Quiet Talks, open | sept 7
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 37 posts -
Oct 5 2017, 05:59 AM
September seventh was, on the whole, not a favourite of the calendar year for the Reid family. It marked the day Gwendolyn Reid lost her life to an act of inexplicable violence and one not easily forgotten even now, ten years after the fact. They used to visit her final resting place as a family, and they still did for her birthday, but visiting Gwendolyn's grave on the day she died had slowly become an individual activity. It was how Mackenzie found herself sitting against the side of her mother's grave at eleven twenty-five at night after a long dinner shift at the restaurant.

The headstone at the top of the plot was simple by request. Made from a light grey granite it bore Gwendolyn's name bordered by carefully rendered flowers- Amaryllis, her favourite. The grass in front of the headstone bore it's own living flowers, though nothing as fancy as those depicted on the stone. Instead those flowers were small, but hardy, brightly coloured things. It was quite a pleasant sight in the sunlight but now, close to midnight with a thick, knee high fog licking at the headstones and the daily storm clouds beginning to form above, it was a lot more subdued.

"Hey, Mom," Mackenzie said quietly. She let the side of her head rest against the cool stone next to her. In her hands was a single amaryllis flower that she twirled between her fingers. You wouldn't believe what's been going on in these last few months, she continued in her head, because despite the odd vocalised thought Mackenzie still found it a little strange monologuing to a headstone.

So many strange things have happened. Mackenzie frowned. Are happen-ing, she corrects. I have weird powers now, that's a thing. As if to demonstrate she runs a finger along the granite and watches as the condensation is drawn towards her finger like metal filings to a magnet. I still don't know exactly what that means but we're working on it.

Mackenzie takes a moment then to let the silence of the cemetery wash over her. It's in the silence she realises that she no longer remembers what her mother's voice sounded like. The thought is accompanied by a low sigh and a small, sad smile. "I miss you."

A sudden noise broke Mackenzie out of her quiet moment and had her sitting up ramrod straight. A small part of her brain whispered this is how people die but she quickly tamped that down as stupid and this is why watching horror movies is a bad idea. It wasn't unreasonable that someone else may have decided on a late night trip to the cemetery. Still, her eyes darted back a fourth as she tried to pin point the cause of the sound. The sooner she figured out who, or what, was out there, the sooner she could put to rest an imagination that was currently going overboard.
N/A
- Heather -
21 years old
Human
- 11 posts -
Oct 5 2017, 10:35 AM
Cari's eyes opened to the pitch black of her bedroom, the blinds half down as she found herself gazing at the streetlights dotting the street. Sweat poured down forehead as pushed her hair back, feeling the coolness of hands against her forehead. The vein there was throbbing, it always did after she woke up from a nightmare. She didn't remember what it was about, she just woke up to screaming. It may have been her own. Maybe she needed to seek out a psychiatrist again after all. She always felt a little better when she had someone to talk to. It was a strange sentiment when she spent most days looking over her shoulder.

She quickly got dressed, realizing that she couldn't sleep anymore. She slipped on her jacket and shoes, before placing her phone in her jacket pocket. Cari needed to clear her head and a walk around town wasn't a bad idea, even if it was the middle of the night. She didn't give a thought about the dangers that lurked in the darkness. It was all relative in comparison to the ones already in her mind. The door of her apartment shut with a thud behind her before she turned the key in the lock and placed into her pocket where her phone was. It jingled slightly as she walked along, watching the streetlights. She should've brought a flashlight, but with the overhead lighting on the street, it wasn't so bad.

Part of her seemed to watch the shadows of the trees as if waiting for something to come out. Mostly, she dreamed about the accident but sometimes it was random. A long hallway full of lock doors and an unseen pursuer. A building with no windows and a way out. They told her it was stress. Cari bristled as the wind ruffled her clothing. She tugged on her jacket more and pushed up the zipper just an inch more before crossing the street and appeared under the glow of another streetlight. Late night wanderings were never a good idea, she really should've known better, but the cool air against her face felt better than closing her eyes and experiencing another false uncertainty.

"Will you come out and play? I'm so lonely."

The young woman froze in her tracks. The voice seemed to come and go with the wind. The volume and tone reverberated as if whoever was speaking was doing so through a filter. A watery one it seemed like. Cari didn't see anything but the sign for the cemetery in the distance.

"Hello? Who's there?!"

"I'm here. Come catch me!"

Again, Cari saw nothing about the shadows of the trees and the opaque shapes of tombstones in the distance. Curious, she wandered into the entrance of the cemetery. The voice seemed to grow louder but still distorted. She even heard some giggling. Cari took her phone out and turned the flashlight feature on and scanned it over everything she saw nearby. Suddenly, a shadow moved in the corner of her eye and Cari casted her light where she had seen it. Nothing. It wasn't until she noticed the shape of a human several yards away did she approach them. Cautiously.

It was a woman, she looked about her age.
"Ah, hi. Um..."
Had she been the one talking earlier?
"Were you the one talking before? Why are you..."
She could actually ask herself the same question. Cari was basically on a wild goose change in a cemetery. One that was no longer empty it seemed.
"Sorry, if I startled you. I'm Carina."
She hadn't meant to disturb her but the voice was gone now so the only rational explanation was the only other person she saw here.

Mackenzie Reid

N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 37 posts -
Oct 7 2017, 08:28 PM
In the dim lighting of the cemetery the sudden bright light that appeared nearly blinded Mackenzie. Squinting as her eyes adjusted, she was able to make out a figure attached to light-- someone about her build and the light they were holding was actually a phone. Well, that made her feel at least a bit better.

She watched as the light panned back and fourth, like the person was looking for something. Maybe a lost item from earlier in the day? Mackenzie blinked as the light finally settled on her and the person began to approach. What on earth... she wondered. At least now she was fairly sure this other person wasn't some axe murderer out for blood.

Turns out the other person on a late night cemetery visit was a young woman like herself. Exactly what she was doing in the cemetery was still unknown, and her questions just proved to mystify Mackenzie further.

"Mackenzie," she offered up after Carina provided her own name. "And you didn't startle me, not really." Mackenzie laughed quietly. "And I don't think I can help you, sorry. I mean, I was talking a little but unless you have super hearing it probably wasn't me you heard." Absently she wondered if super hearing was all that strange after she spontaneously developed the ability to control water.

"Are you looking for someone?" Mackenzie asked. "I'm happy to lend a hand if you need some help."

N/A
- Heather -
21 years old
Human
- 11 posts -
Oct 14 2017, 11:33 PM
Cari needed sleep, that was the only logical reason for why she was hearing things and believing that whoever was speaking was here in the nearly empty cemetery. So far, there only appeared to be one other soul here and she appeared to be visiting a grave. A perfectly normal activity in a cemetery. Weird at night, but who was she to judge? She wasn't exactly supposed to be here either.
"It's a delight to meet you, Mackenzie,"
she smiled, trying to appear pleasant. It was already creepy out here, she'd rather not be known as the the creepy stranger.

Super-hearing? Not likely, at least if she did have it, she wasn't aware of it. Cari pressed her lips together, starting to feel how awkward this was getting. It was her fault, wandering in here asking strange questions and disturbing the peace.
"I guess you could say I am? I couldn't sleep and came out here for a walk before I heard someone and I followed them...well, here,"
She probably sounded totally crazy. That wasn't a good way to start a conversation.
"I mean, that's why I walked up to you, I thought you were talking to me, but I see now that you aren't, so, ah...sorry about that,"
It was weird, it was really weird, she was sounding crazier by the minute.

She didn't feel crazy, a little spooked, yes, but she could've sworn she had heard something out here.
"I'm sorry to bother you...am I interrupting something?"
It was hard to say and she didn't want to just automatically assume things besides what she could see but then again, not everything was at it seemed. Sometimes people didn't have any other time to visit places, maybe that why she was here. Ah, there she was assuming again, this was pretty counterproductive.
"Have you seen anyone pass this way? I know I heard someone..."
She couldn't pinpoint from where it could've been someone who was playing tricks on her. They could've already left but it didn't hurt to ask. Maybe it would make her seem less crazy.

Mackenzie Reid

N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 37 posts -
Oct 22 2017, 03:40 PM
"Interrupting? No, it's fine. I was almost done here anyway." Had the other woman not shown up when she did Mackenzie might have sat there for a while longer. She also might have gotten up to leave in a couple of minutes. Mackenzie didn't really give herself a strict timeline when it came to visiting her mother's grave, just made sure there wasn't going to be anything scheduled for after.

With a little bit of effort, sitting on the cold ground tended to make ones legs pretty stiff, Mackenzie pushed herself to her feet. She bent down and placed the amaryllis flower she had been holding down in front of the grave.

"Only person I've seen is you, sorry." Mackenzie gave a little shrug. She hadn't seen or heard anyone enter the cemetery since she'd arrived before Carina showed up. Still, now that she was standing and on her way out it seemed only polite to offer some help.

"I can help you look for a minute if you'd like?" Mackenzie wondered if the person Carina was chasing was someone she knew. "What does this person look like? Or did you just hear them?" It seemed odd that the other woman would be following someone she heard if she didn't know them. "Why are you trying to find this person again?"

N/A
- Heather -
21 years old
Human
- 11 posts -
Oct 30 2017, 01:19 AM
Cari knew this sounded crazy. Even she had to admit that. Especially since she could've just imagined it, but it felt so real and the voice had led her here. It was hard to explain and to be honest, she wasn't sure how except in her usual way. She certainly hoped Mackenzie didn't mind her and was suddenly feeling a little out of it. Maybe she hadn't heard anything, it was the middle of the night, her mind could've been playing tricks on her. Why was she finding the most logical explanation the hardest to believe? She couldn't answer that either, she just felt like she had heard someone talking to her but it felt like they were gone now.

The more the other girl insisted she hadn't seen anyone else, the more disheartened she felt. New town, new people, maybe she was just tense. The nagging feeling to go away eventually, right?
"Ah...that would be great, thank you."
She was nice. Most people wouldn't help someone, especially if they thought this was a wild goose chase. It certainly looked like one, they were alone after all.
"I didn't see them...but it was definitely a child. They were wanting to play and I thought they wandered in here. I was thinking it was a trick...and then I ran into you..."
Yeah, it was sounding crazier by the moment. Cari knew that this wasn't the first time she was obviously awkward.

Why? Her stomach grew heavy at the question. Part of her wanted to find them because kids shouldn't have been out this late and needed to be in bed but mostly because she was curious. Neither answer was the least bit exciting or logical, but they were the honest truth.
"I um...well. I was curious. I know that seems like a silly reason, but I knew someone was there and swear I followed them here..."
Her gut was telling her this, even if her head was trying to get her to see reason. She was a journalist, not an amateur ghost hunter! She didn't normally do things like this. She had felt this out of whack since Pollux died. She didn't like bringing him up.

Mackenzie Reid

N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 37 posts -
Nov 2 2017, 04:05 AM
The fact that Carina was looking for a child made a lot more sense than if she was looking for a random person. An adult on their own in the middle of the night to do as they will but a child, Mackenzie reasoned, should definitely not be wandering around on their own close to midnight.

"Well, if it's a kid that's a little different," she said finally. "I mean, who would let their kid out at this time of night?" Mackenzie glanced at her phone, reading 11:41 on the clock. Fletcher would probably check in around midnight, like he usually did on the seventh. That meant she had about twenty minutes before anyone would be after her to get home already.

Mackenzie tucked her phone away and clapped her hands together. "Alright, lead the way! Where do you think this kid ran off too?"
N/A
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll