hello Guest
we are deathless
register in regular caps
welcome to we are deathless. we are located in fictional volstead, maine just off the upper northeastern corner of great lake matagamon. we are a supernatural site that focuses more on witches and the russian folklore we've adapted for our plot. if you feel like joining, please have a look around! - admin -

emily
plot
rules
face claim
application
wanted ads
affiliate
advertising
witches: 12
familiars: 07
humans: 05
ghosts: 01
male: 12
female: 12
nb & trans: 01
our app is credited to lauren @ shine. the cbox toggle, site templates, and code highlight are credited to nicole @shine. the affies table credited to shimmer @ shine. the colour palette for the member groups is credited to nekosama @color-hex. the skin was made exclusively by nat for WAD. all other content belongs to its rightful owner. do not steal.

Add Reply
New Poll

Living Inside A Broken World, Opal | Jul 22
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 15 posts -
Oct 2 2017, 05:50 AM
It had been a busy day. No, it had been a busy week. It all started with the sky turning green, then the water turned purple, then the undercurrent of worry and wrong began to permeate the town from the local witches. That was the point where Fletcher started to become a little unnerved. The fact that his sister seemed hell bent on figuring out the why of it all wasn't helping either.

Thankfully Mackenzie had been waylaid in her investigating by an order mix up at the restaurant. Since the purple water had shown up in town people had been hesitant to drink it- a fair call as far as Fletcher was concerned. This had meant bottled water was in short supply and somehow the order for Amaryllis had been half of what they needed. After nearly half an hour on the phone with little progress, a frazzled Mackenzie had sent him off to collect the flower order for the weekend table arrangements she was supposed to have picked up an hour ago.

That was how Fletcher found himself ferrying flowers from his car to the back door of Amaryllis on his day off. He was up to the last few bouquets, probably carrying more than he should to make it one last trip instead of two. He'd just started up the side street when one bunch of flowers started to shift. Fletcher shuffled the flowers onto one arm to free a hand but the change in balance had the flowers slipping off the top of the pile before he could snatch them up.

He couldn't help the small exclamation of, "crap!". The last thing they needed was to be short of flowers on top of being short of water. It would be just one more annoyance on a day that was already proving to be testing. So, despite knowing he was too late to catch them, Fletcher found himself reaching out a hand towards the flowers-- and they stopped.

Fletcher blinked. The flowers didn't move. They hovered in the air about three feet from the ground as though suspended on invisible strings. Whoa, Fletcher thought, followed by, am I doing this? And then he found his thoughts spiralling. What if he was doing that? What did that mean? Was he some kind of freak? Was someone playing a terrible trick on him?

His hand was quickly snatched back towards his body and Fletcher was both incredibly relived and worried beyond belief when the flowers suddenly resumed their fall to the ground. Heart beating way to fast in his chest, Fletcher quickly glanced around. He wasn't sure if he wanted someone else to know what had happened or not, but the decision was taken out of his hands when he locked eyes with a young woman standing at the other end of the short street.

N/A
- Celly -
22 years old
Witch
- 41 posts -
Oct 2 2017, 10:56 PM
I've been sleeping here instead
To say the emerald sky didn't make her nervous was a lie. Of course it did and nobody had any real idea how it happened, other than a few suspicions. It made her uneasy, something magic and all their rituals had never done before. Not even all the hard things the coven had made her do was enough. Somehow, she was taking a walk down main street, wringing her fingers together.

Outwardly, she had a calm face on, refusing to let anyone know about her inner turmoil. Opal wasn't quite sure where she was going yet, but her feet were taking her there, and that was soothing enough. Her eyes wandered, doing a little people watching as she tried to clear her mind. Her crystal blue eyes fell on a red haired boy carrying flowers.

At first, the bouquet floating in midair seemed like nothing to her. Magic was something so daily to her, it never phased her. What really caught her attention was his reaction, the way he jumped back and recoiled away. Slowly, her steps were redirected and Opal made her way over to him.

"Did you need help with those?" she asked, not sure how to broach the question of why he was so startled. Leaning down, she scooped up the flowers from the ground. "Looks like an awful lot of work for one person."

BY MITZI
N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 15 posts -
Oct 5 2017, 01:02 AM
Fletcher could only watch as the young woman approached. She reached to pick up the flowers that had fallen like there was nothing wrong and held them in her hands. It took Fletcher a moment to register her question and following comment, and then another second to formulate a response.

"Yeah, that would be great actually." Fletcher was sure Mackenzie wouldn't mind him accepting some help, especially if it meant things would get done faster. He gave the young woman's face another quick once over. He was sure he'd seen her around town before but who she was and where he would have seen her escaped him. That was until something in the back of his mind clicked that she was part of one of the big local covens.

"Did you, um..." He hesitated, not sure if he should go ahead with his question. There was the risk it might be offensive but he also couldn't fathom spending the next who knows how long worrying about floating flowers. "Was that you just then with the flowers?" he asked, hoping for his own piece of mind her answer would be yes.

N/A
- Celly -
22 years old
Witch
- 41 posts -
Oct 6 2017, 12:02 AM
Offering him a quick smile, she took a few more flowers and placed them in a cradle she created with her arm. This way, she could be helpful and also a little closer to the situation, considering she did not recognize him as a witch from the area. She needed to know if she should be worried. Something about him made her think that she didn't.

Opal's throat when dry as his words sunk in. Whatever had just happened, it had been unintentional and unexpected. "No," she said after a long moment of silence. She couldn't bring herself to make eye contact, worried what emotions she might see there. She was a sympathetic crier and didn't need that kind of mess right now.

"I'm fairly sure that was you." Was it insensitive to ask if he didn't know if he was magical? Probably. Besides that, it seemed like she already had her answer.

BY MITZI
N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 15 posts -
Oct 11 2017, 02:59 AM
The moments between Fletcher's question and the other woman's response felt like a literal age. he was sure for a minute she wasn't going to answer him, but when she finally did he wondered if that was actually any better. What were the changes that it was some unseen third party that had stopped the flowers' fall to the ground? He was never the math wiz in his family but even Fletcher knew those odds were very low.

"Right," he said, not too sure how he was supposed to follow up in her 'no'. Was it really him then? Was that a thing people could do, just spontaneously develop telekinesis? Apparently yes.

"If it was me," Fletcher said slowly, "I have no idea how I did it." The look he gave her was a rather helpless one and spoke volumes about how he felt in this whole situation. That was to say, completely and utterly lost.

N/A
- Celly -
22 years old
Witch
- 41 posts -
Oct 14 2017, 01:08 AM
Her eyes slowly drifted back to him, unsure what to make of it. She hadn't known people to have the capacity for magic in them and not know it, especially around here. Then again, a lot of weird things were happening. Her eyes lifted to the sky and a wave of anxiety washed over her again. "Do you think you could do it again?" she asked, not quite sure how to go about it. Opal wanted to know what had happened, wanted to know if whatever he did could be harnessed. Maybe there could be some good out of it.

"Here," she said, placing some flowers back on the ground. "Try moving it. Focus on it." Advice from her would be few and far between, considering she'd always had a knack for it and was a quick learner. Magic had never been difficult for her. She could at least attempt to be helpful, though.

BY MITZI

Fletcher Reid
N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 15 posts -
Oct 18 2017, 07:20 PM
Could he do it again? Fletcher wasn't entirely sure how he had done it in the first place. One second he was trying to reach the flowers that were out of his reach and the next they were stopping in mid air. Well, that seemed like it was merely a 'think it hard and it will happen' thing, but he had no idea if he would be able to replicate it.

He watched with slight trepidation as she placed some of the flowers back down on the ground. Focusing was a little easier said than done but he eventually managed to get his thoughts on a loop of move the flower, move the flower. He was skeptical, surely there was a bit more to doing things than just thinking it. Then again, he did know how magic actually worked, just that it did.

It was a tense moment of silence. Fletcher didn't even realise he was holding his breath until his lungs started to burn. He let out his breath in a huff. Move the flower. And suddenly one of the flowers did move. It wasn't anything impressive, like the act of levitation that had been performed before, but one of the flowers definitely flipped over a couple of times in a way that could not be explained.

"Okay," said Fletcher, coming to terms with the fact that yes, he was the one moving the flowers. "I um," he shrugged his shoulders helplessly. "Would you be able to help me take these inside? And uh, you are a witch, right? Do you think we could maybe talk about this...thing?"

N/A
- Celly -
22 years old
Witch
- 41 posts -
Oct 24 2017, 10:38 PM
Her eyes watched him for a long moment, taking in the serious and intense expression he had. Levitation of small, light objects like flowers usually wasn't such a big deal. For a trained witch, it was simple. It made the situation all the more clear. Her suspicions were confirmed. Her eyes were redirected back to the flowers, watching as it moved, just enough to not be a fluke.

Leaning over, she picked the flowers back up, ready to help carry everything inside. "Sure," she confirmed, pulling the door open and stepping inside. Opal had been in the restaurant before, but being in the back was something different. "It might end up being a long conversation. Do you have enough time before the restaurant opens?"

BY MITZI
N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 15 posts -
Nov 2 2017, 12:26 AM
Fletcher felt a weight off his shoulders when she agreed to talk. There were so many reasons she could have said no-- she didn't care, she didn't know what to do, he was practically a stranger. Still, she had said yes and having someone, even if it was someone he just met, to share this revelation was making this at least marginally less stressful.

"Thank you so much," he said leading her over to the door, realising as he did that they had yet to exchange names. "I'm Fletcher, by the way. I don't think I mentioned before..." He pushed the door open and held it wide for her to get through with her own armful of flowers.

"I'm not actually working today," Fletcher explained as he lead the way through the kitchen, where Mackenzie had a palm over her face and phone pressed to her ear still, and into the empty dining area. He lowered his voice a little to not be overheard by his sister. "We'll open for lunch in about an hour but we can always go elsewhere if there's that much to talk about." He placed the flowers down on a table before realising he was perhaps being a little presumptuous. "I mean, we don't have to go somewhere else or even talk for that long if you don't want to."

N/A
- Celly -
22 years old
Witch
- 41 posts -
Nov 10 2017, 01:11 AM
A small chuckle left her lips. It was an odd situation to meet someone in, but he still seemed sweet enough. "I'm Opal." Now that they had the formalities out of the way, she could talk to him about why he suddenly had these powers that he seemed to be fairly clueless about. It wasn't everyday people started showing the ability to use magic. The first thing she would have to find out was if levitation was all he could do.

"Oh, okay. I guess we don't have to worry about rushing, then." He did seem sweet, and a little confused and perhaps flustered. It was endearing, making her want to help him more. Plus, Fletcher was cute. It made it a welcome change from all the time she'd been spending with Shade, who had a pretty face but was still his usual annoying self underneath. "We can go wherever you're comfortable. It would probably make it easier."

BY MITZI

Fletcher Reid
N/A
- MJ -
24 years old
Human
- 15 posts -
Dec 30 2017, 09:53 PM
"Yeah, I mean, that's great." The fact that Opal wasn't visibly freaking out about things was doing a lot to help him calm down. There had been a lot of weird things cropping up in town as of late if his sister's commentary was anything to go by. There was a chance this was a one off thing, something related to all the other strange things happening. On the chance it wasn't though, it was probably going to help having someone more knowledgeable on the matter helping him out.

"We can maybe go get a hot drink? I feel like if we stay here much longer my sister is going to have me run more errands." That and he wasn't too keen on Mackenzie finding out about... whatever this was. It was going to be a lot easier having this conversation out of her earshot.

N/A
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll