- Emily -
29 years old
- 83 posts -
Jul 15 2017, 05:58 PM
the site rules
please review. last updated july 15, 2017
Hello and welcome to Deathless
! We know that most rules are pretty straightforward these days, but go ahead and give ours a once-over so that you're familiar with everything! If you're unsure of anything, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification!
- Although we do not have Premium, we are still an 18+ community. This is not because we wish to discriminate against younger players but for the sake of the fact that we realize that not only does real life come first, but sometimes there will still be mature themes on the board that we don't want younger members to come across.
- When joining us, please register with your character's first and last name in Proper Caps. Please keep in mind that the skin may change the appearance of your character's name on the board, though.
- We are an account-per-character with no OOC accounts board. So please make sure to link all of your accounts to whichever character will be your main account. You can do this by going into the sub-accounts section of your User CP.
- We do not have an activity rule here. All that we ask is that you sign onto all of your accounts at least once every 30 days. We also do not do activity checks; all of that will be done behind the scenes unless staff feel that a roll call is necessary, which probably won't be often. Real life, work, and other things are more important than a hobby.
- There is no character cap though we do want you to be mindful of what you can play. If you feel like you don't have the muse for a character, it is okay to ask for it to be archived. There will also be no time limit or waiting period between characters. Though this might be subject to change in the future.
- There is absolutely not a -/+5 year rule for faces. We don't like them and we feel like it's a discredit to creativity. We only ask that you use good judgement when choosing pictures. We also allow all kinds of face claims to be used. If we can google them, they can be used. Youtube, instagram, tumblr, we don't really care (so long as the person hasn't released a statement asking not to be used in roleplaying sites). We do ask that you do not use someone you found on facebook or any of your friends or family or anyone who has publicly asked not to be used. Deceased faces are fine we just ask that you err on the side of caution for those that have recently passed as they may upset some people.
- There is no duplicate name rule. You can name your character whatever you wish. There may be repeat last names and they may not even be related given that some characters may be from the other covens. We only ask that you make sure and not duplicate an entire name, it won't let you register with one anyway.
- We have absolutely no word count here. The only exception to that is the small one in the application. We do not require post matching, we do not require anything. You post what you feel is good enough for you, although we please ask that you talk to your partner beforehand to double check that what you write vs. what they write is good for the both of you.
- God-modding and meta-gaming are not allowed on board. There will be a two-strike warning if we are made aware of this. You will get one warning, and the second you will be asked to leave.
- We appreciate character development here on Deathless. If you want to give us bare bones for a character, that's fine. We aren't going to be super stringent on character personality, instead we will be focused on how you can integrate your character into the setting and the lore we have created.
- Please timestamp your threads in the description of your topics. This is especially helpful for everyone involved as well as yourself so that you can easily keep track of what your characters are doing at any given time; it also helps keep them from being in two places at once.
- We are still a 3-2-2 rated board. In MPAA ratings, this means we are PG-13 that borders on R. We ask that anything that might need a content or trigger warning be marked with a [CW] or a [TW] tag at the beginning of the topic title. Same goes for [M] for mature and [V] for violence. At the top of the first post of a [CW] or [TW] thread, please place the warnings clearly so that others are aware. If you forget, please make sure to at least label them in the post where they show up.
OUT OF CHARACTER
- While we cannot guarantee our site to be a Safe Place, we would like to promote a community where people of any sexuality, gender, age, race, ability, nationality, disability, and so on and so forth can come and feel comfortable on this board. That means that any sort of slur or derogatory or prejudice or any sort of anti-anything or 'phobe' comment will be given a two-strike warning: once will get you a warning, a second you will be asked to leave. Nobody should feel threatened or unwelcome when they are playing on this board.
- That being said, respect is key. Not only for other members, but for the staff as well. Everyone is here to have fun and we don't want to see anyone be a jackass for the hell of it; it's not right and it isn't fair. If you don't agree with someone OOCly, take it to PM or a messenger service. If you don't like someone, make sure it doesn't cross OOC/IC lines.
- Please keep the CBox PG-13. It is the 'public' face of the board. If you see a guest, stop and say hello, greet them, talk to them. Do not ignore people in the cbox. Please also be aware that not everyone may want to use the site's Discord so make sure to say hello if you see someone in the cbox. If you want to have more mature discussions or to rant and rave and spam about a ship or a character, take it to Discord, there are channels for that.
- Last but not least, please just have fun, respect one another, and use your common sense. This is a board for a hobby, not a place to take out all of your frustrations on other people. Be cool, don't be an asshat, and everything will be good!